Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Charlie Brown Christmas cake.

This cake was made for my family Christmas party. My grandmother loves these characters and carried this cake around to show off to her friends instead of eating it. We were all too full from the wonderful dinner and other treats that we made and no one seemed to want to destroy it. This of course was very flattering, but I wanted to have some!
The cake is chocolate with vanilla icing. My mom baked this one to save me some time. She's the best and I can never get my cake to taste quite like hers. It is covered in fondant. Snoopy, the trees, and Snoopy's house were made from gum paste. The other characters are cookies. The "peanuts" cookie cutters have been in our family for many years. Wanting to make them look hand drawn, I used edible markers to add the detail. I think if I made this cake again, I would use gum paste to make Charlie Brown and his friends to make the colors brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment